Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Just when the going got good!!

Its been a while since the ras mumhan disaster.... the fact that i had to pull out of one of the irish calanders biggest events really affected me. it has takin me ages to come right from what happened, but the following week i rode the Des Hanlon a Hard 1 day race here in ireland were i wasnt expecting much but to make it around with no calf problems. from word go i was in the mix of the attacks all very small stuff, i was foolish getting sucked into the immediate action i should have known well that the break would go on a climb, and that it did it was a hard drag with heavy cross winds, i was in the right place at the time to jump across but i could do nothing all i could do was sit there, my legs were max'd out they had nothing more than the strength to hold me were i was. sickened is the only word to explain how i felt as i watched the break blaze off down the road me lodged back in the bunch, but i had to except the fact that without the legs i cant go so i shudnt dwell. as the race went on and as the miles clocked up i felt the others around me slowing it was at this stage i took it on myself to drive the bunch to the line, i rode hard in the last 20km putting in massive turns eating time out of the break but it was to much to late in the end i rolled across the line to the bitter taste of defeat.... but what doesnt kill me makes me stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment