Sunday, April 4, 2010

Disaster!!

Went to ras mumhan this weekend, all i have to say is i am truely dissapointed. legs felt 100% in the days approaching the event, went down on the thursday night with spock had a good rest in cork and travalled to kilorglin that morning, spocks pancreas was already suffering with the stress as the minutes to kick off became smaller and smaller, tailgating, dodgy over takes it all made for an epic jouney to the beggining of irelands biggest stage race 2nd to the ras.
the first stage kicked off like usuall out the kilarney road, i found i was up the front immediatly mixing it up with the other strong riders, i saw my oppertunity and attempted to get to the break and it was there that it struck, my achilles came back to haunt me, leg throbbing, mind fried, morale zero and all i could do was sit there and watch the break steadily disapear into the distance. i finished out the stage and made my way back to the B&B, lying in bed i was absolutly devestated knowing the inevitable truth that i would have to pull out. i was so motivated towards the race and was really looking foward to the coming stages, but it would not be for me, i was on a bus from killarney to limerick were my mum collected me, i was to annoyed with the situation to wait in kerry all weekend, so travelling home seemed the only option.
A night on the rip with spider and i am once again back on track, the key is that i do not allow the injury to sideline me for too long a steady and controlled rehabilitation will hopefully have me back on track soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment