Friday, September 4, 2015

2015 it's almost gone!!


As the 2015 road cycling season comes to an end I suppose I am pretty happy with how things went throughout the season. 2015 in itself was not as successful as 2014 but having started a full time job and purchased a home I believe I got the best out of it. From time to time I came down with illness and a few niggles and small injuries slowed my progress but I kept positive and forged on through. It has probably been about 5 weeks since I put together a number of good quality sessions one after the other and due to this I have decided to call my Road season to an end.

I recently joined the hotel Ballina gym and pool and will be training there over the next few months as the evenings slowly get shorter and the darkness closes in. I have started a steady but progressive cross training program which comprises of a combination of weights, running, and swimming. This training in combination with my mountain biking will result in my fitness been maintained over the next 2-3 months.

As far as events go I am hoping to take part in the national marathon mountain bike Championships in Mid September. Pending on where my form is at, I also  am hoping 2 also take part in the connacht mountain bike Championships where I will be defending my Connacht title. After the championship the League takes place, I took part in a number of The Races last year and found them very enjoyable the scene was quite relaxed and I found the mountain biking in itself was very good for my bike handling skills. I am still yet to get hold of a cyclocross bike having taken part in all of last year's cyclocross events on my mountain bike, I was probably at quite a disadvantage as cyclocross bikes are far faster on open stretches of ground. So if anyone out there has a spare cross bike hanging in the shed don't be afraid to get in touch and I will attempt to ride to glory.


I have recently joined the Snap Chat revolution under the name "Cyclinggoonbag" so feel free to follow, I'll be aiming to give some insight into my training, nutrition and weight loss / power increasing techniques that I use to get where I do in my sport. I will be posting a lot of the same on my instagram "paddyclk" so again follow if you are keen to pick up a few tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment