Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Ready to run!!



For the last while I have been steadily introducing myself into some running, it's been quite a while since I have properly ran I'd say about 3 years but when I did I generally operated alright.
I started my running by taking to the treadmill it's the best route to begin, pace can be controlled, the extra spring reduces delayed onset muscle soreness and no one can see me struggling pathetically as I attempt to build my aerobic capacity to a reasonable state.
The one thing I enjoy about it is how aerobically demanding it is, gasping for breath as you fractionally increase the pace in any way shape or form. As equipment goes a pair of €70 runners on my feet some GAA shorts and one of the many ras t-shirts I've gathered and I was off.
I did about 2 week's on the treadmill and then took part in the local park run last saturday, it was seriously enjoyable I started a bit quick and paid later on but I still found it great.
This evening I joined the Fit For Life running group for a bit of speed work on the track where we completed a pyramid session. Honestly it was pretty tough going, my legs are hanging off me now as I type but hopefully it will bring me on a bit more. Unfortunately I had completed a pretty severe crossfit session that morning followed by an hour mountain biking in the woods prior so no doubt that's adding to my suffering ...



More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment