Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Back In Ireland


Having just arrived back in ireland after a 1 month period of racing in Belgium with my team I have decided to continue updating my progress towards suir valley 3 day next weekend. In my final 2 weeks in belgium I managed to put away 6 races with finishes and prize money in them all. The last 3 races I rode in a 3day block which was a race each day in order to simulate suir valley and how it will feel racing day on day. It showed good signs and I felt just as strong on the last day as I did the first which is a good indication that my form is good. My results in all the races were good and Im happy with how I recovered each day.

I arrived back in Ireland on saturday and since then I have been completing a combination of 3-4hr spins with some specific work mixed inbetween, My intention is to keep my body primed for the upcoming race but at the same time ensure that I am well tapered for the weekend.

I will give one final update on friday with how I am feeling before the race, I intend on putting away a turbo session today as the weather is horrific, A 4hr ride tommorow, a rest day thurday and a 1hr pre race ride on friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment