Monday, July 26, 2010

Return to IRL

(above is a pic of me racing "im in the red kit")
The journey was long and draining but I finally made it back to Ireland. With the Suir Valley 3day literally around the corner, I can happily say all my prep is near completion. The final hard blocks of training and racing in Belgium broke me to my last and with some quality rest my body is back fighting fit and ready to rumble.

I took my Colnago C50 out for a small spin of the legs last night after my long bus journey from Dub, it was nice and enjoyable and I can honestly say Ireland's weather has only gotten worse since I left. Over the coming 3 days before the race kicks off on Saturday I intend on getting plenty of sleep and rest with a few light leg spins thrown in between to keep me loose. I also intend on meeting with my Nutritional sponsor "Molloy's Lifestyle Pharmacies And Health Food Stores" for some talks on how we can take our experimenting with new sports products to the next level and in turn relay the info back to the public. I am also in deep need of a quality massage as I don't get that many in Belgium and 3 days before the event will give the masseur plenty of time to work hard on me and allow my legs to come round for Saturday and no better man to rub me down that Simon from the massage clinic in Bunree, Ballina.

I am intending on keeping the video blogs going over the next few weeks and have number post number 2 on sports nutrition attached to this Blog post. I am intending on setting up a E-mail address where I can be contacted direct by those who may have any questions on my posts.

It was good to see all the local faces when I returned, my brother Ciaran who is training hard and putting in some quality miles in prep for the up and coming national B catagory champs, Also Bernard Twomey who after his bad crash during the Fbd Ras was off the bike for almost 2 months recovering with broken bones, but now is back on the road dishing out pain.
looking at the course for the Suir valley it is 3days long, consisting of 4 stages. Stage 1 is on Saturday and is a 120km road race. Stage 2 is on Sunday and also is a 120km road race. Stage 3 is on Saturday evening and is a short 2.5km TT around Clonmel town centre. Stage 4 is on Monday and is a final 120km road race, so all in all it will be a tough challenge. this year it has one of the strongest and most diverse fields it has ever had, with riders from France, Belgium, Isle of Man, UK and home riders competing for the spoils. Updates will most probably be available on both of the following sites:

Irish cycling: www.irishcycling.com
Suir Valley Off site: http://www.suirvalley3day.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment