Wednesday, May 5, 2010

BBQ

Being injured is simply shit..... all i do is lie around trying to keep myself busy, stretching doing calf raises and counting my calories so i dont end up the size of a polar bear while im doing no training.

over the bank holiday weekend i decided to throw a bit of a get together for a few mates.... ended up planning a BBQ, but like most ordinary BBQ's this one was a little bit different, the burgers wernt your average 1/4pd pates. NO these bad boys were 1.4kg slabs of beef, loaded with herbs spice onion and chilli.... in other words the biggest baddest burgers in the land.
pity non of us could finish them it was quite the killer to look at all my hard work left lying on paper plates in such vast quantities that not even my dogs had a notion what to do when it was there turn to chomp down. Check out the Video!!!
Ive been getting a lot of physical therapy work on my calf in the last 2 weeks and with the rehabilitation work the next few days will tell a story, the therapist believes in about a week i should be ready to rock and roll. its a sickener all the same though, missing the tour of ulster last week and the Shay Elliot this weeknd is really trying my patience. but im going to keep a cool head and focus on my long term goals.

If only people knew how hard it is to sit on your arse all day long knowing the competition is putting in the miles, winning the races, bringing home the silverware and in the mean time all i am doing is becoming less and less fit, heavier by the day, and losing all my motivation knowing my chances of success are becoming slimmer as every day passes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment