Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Back in the Mix!!!


After close to 3 weeks sitting on my arse, being tortured by the rice crispy squares in the cupboard, i finally was given the all clear to get back on the bike and lay in some miles. I had 9 days left till the Ras kicked off so racing the Noel Hammond memorial seemed a good choice, my first spin back on the bike was Thursday 13th of may, a simple 3hrs to get the legs loose and the mind back in the swing of things, Friday was good crack we ended up riding the tour de tourlough in ballina which turned from what is meant to be a relaxed leisure event into an all out race, i managed to shed the tuminator and eagle in the final km's to take my imaginary victory.
After 4hrs on Saturday i was ready for the noel hammond, travelled up the night before to Dublin and stayed with Matey, after some of his legendary rocket pasta and a nights sleep i was ready for war!!
The Hammond was far from easy, with a tough climb each lap and some stiff competition i was seriously under pressure, i round hard though and managed a respectable 6th place.
The days are now ticking away and all i have to look forward to is the savage intensity which is the FBD Ras.

Some top news which everyone will be unaware of is i was asked to represent the nation on the U23 National team. this was one of my seasons goals and to achieve it really makes up for the disastrous season i have been having so far, it has given me the motivation to work hard on my diet and the final few days of training that i have available to me. Representing Ireland has always been a goal that has driven me to seek success in cycling and to do it in the Ras makes the feeling of success even greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment