Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Belgium.....

The above Monument in Brakel is dedicated to Cyclists of the Flanders region.... made of 3000 bicycles it truly is a sight to behold.




Travelling to Belgium wasn't easy, the early wake up, the cramped flight and the masses of trains and changes that were needed to get to my destination was very tiring. When i finally arrived in oudenaarde Belgium, I was breathed a sigh of relief to see the teams car sitting outside waiting for me. The manager of the Team Luc Azzez Greeted me, we drove across town to his bicycle shop from which the team is run out of. There i assemble my bike and went in search of some food as at this stage i hadn't eaten since the bagel i got at 6am that morning. as the evening went by we attended a bike race were some of the team i was soon to join were racing, when the race finished we made our way back to oudenaarde were i had dinner with Luc's family after which i was dropped out to my accommodation.
The house that i am staying at is specifically designed for cyclists, It can hold a maximum of 6 riders but at the moment all that is based here are myself and a checkoslavakian guy Daniel who has been based here since Feburary, he is a sound man. The following day after arriving I went for my first spin, i rode from brakel were i am staying into oudenaarde to the shop were the team is located. Luc my manager provided with my race information for the coming weekend, on Saturday i take part in a 170km inter-club race it should be very tough but at the end of the day that is what i am here for, on Sunday i also race of yet the full details i am not sure of. with today being Friday the 11th of June, tomorrow is when the racing begins, after a big plate of pasta and plenty of fluids i am now all set for what tomorrow may bring.... also I am going to dedicate an up and coming blog to the nutritional aspects of my cycling, i will pay extra attention to the new products that my main Sponser Molloys Pharmacy have provided me and i will go through the pros and cons of each product in detail. after the weekends racing i will also update the blog with how the races went and will have some good racing footage of the events and pictures also, so until next time........ stay classy cyclists.

No comments:

Post a Comment